Blizzard periodically releases updates and changes for Heroes of the Storm as patch notes. I parse these patch notes for talents, abilities, and hero names, and link sections to relevant heroes. You can then select a hero and see the changes affecting them through patch history.
No, currently I only pull Hero, Design & Gameplay, Talents, and Bug Fix sections for heroes, and Design & Gameplay, Battlegrounds and Bug Fix sections for Battlegrounds from patch notes. The idea is to show changes that will have the biggest impact to gameplay.
Probably not, this is aimed more at players who want to quickly see why a hero feels different. Let's say I haven't played Jaina in a while (which is sadly true), I can quickly go back through her most recent changes without digging through several long patch note files.
If you're on a Hero's page, a link to the full patch notes is included in each heading on the right (it'll look like this: ). If you're not sure what patch you want, this Patch Summary page can help. And if you just want a giant list of links to patches, I will direct you to a great post by /u/Vekkul over at the Blizzard forums, The Patch History.
Not everything makes its way into the patch notes. Some things just get missed and are later found by the community. Since past official patch notes are not always updated, I've started collecting undocumented changes and adding them to the affected Hero. Found an undocumented change yourself? Send me some details through Email, Reddit, or Twitter, and be sure include a link to somewhere you've talked about it (e.g. official forums, reddit, other gaming forums) so a source can be included.
Again, the idea is to show changes that will have the biggest impact to gameplay. While I personally love the art, sound, and UI tweaks that consistently take place, it doesn't seem as crucial to mention fixes like "Lunar Jaina's legs will no longer separate from her body on endgame score screens" (besides it being really funny). If you have strong feelings about this, feel free to contact me with reasonable arguments.
Special thanks to the following people and projects for making my life easier:
- /u/Vekkul and his awesome list of The Patch History, without which I would not even have considered this project
- Ryan Kane for his great work upgrading the Heroes Patch Notes logo
- /u/dizzyMongoose and his amazing Scaling Stats (Percentage) spreadsheet, which has been instrumental in getting up-to-date numbers for all Heroes
- Master League and their outstanding API, which has been a big help keeping my talent lists up-to-date.
- /u/ticklemeozmo and the excellent Heroesjson.com, which made initial development and matching up heroes, talents, and abilities much easier
- IGN's 6.5/10 wiki for having 2 year old data that helped identify removed talents
- And finally Blizzard for making a fine, fine game