Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes – January 2, 2019
Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until January 8. As always, if you encounter any bugs during your PTR play sessions, please stop by the PTR Bug Report forum to let us know about your experiences.
New Hero: Imperius (Warrior)
Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.
- Valorous Brand
- Each Basic Ability marks enemy Heroes hit for 10 seconds. Basic Attacks consume the target's marks, dealing 30% bonus damage per mark.
- Celestial Charge (Q)
- Lunge towards a targeted direction and stab, dealing 35 damage. If an enemy Hero is hit, Channel to Stun for 1 second and deal 70 additional damage when it fully finishes.
- Solarion's Flare (W)
- Release a fiery wave that deals 100 damage. Enemies hit by the center take 50 bonus damage and are Slowed by 40% for 3 seconds.
- Molten Armor (E)
- Shroud Imperius in flames for 3 seconds, striking a nearby enemy for 19 damage every 0.25 seconds. Imperius heals for 100% of the damage dealt, with healing doubled versus Heroes.
- Angelic Armaments (R)
- Summon a ring of blazing swords that grants 1000 Shield for 3 seconds.If the Shield lasts the full duration, this ability can be reactivated within 5 seconds to launch 6 swords toward an area, each dealing 140 damage to the first enemy hit.
- Wrath of the Angiris (R)
- After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving.After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.
- A number of visual improvements have been implemented for the Boost system both in and out of games.
- Evolve Monstrosity (R)
- Health increased from 1000 to 1350
- Basic Attack damage increased from 73 to 85
- Health bonus per minion killed reduced from 5 to 2%
- Damage bonus per minion killed reduced from 5 to 2%
Developer Comment: We discovered an issue with Evolve Monstrosity where its damage scaling was incorrect. To fix the bug, we would have massively increased its Basic Attack damage once it was fully stacked, which is already fairly high. Instead, we are taking this opportunity to re-tune the Monstrosity so that it is not quite so powerful once fully stacked, but is stronger right away, which should be an overall buff in most use cases.
- Summon Sindragosa (R)
- No longer disables enemy Summons
- Enemy Summons are now slowed by 60% for 4 seconds
Developer Comment: This change is primarily being made to address cases where Sindragosa would disable high-impact Summons like Jaina's Water Elemental for exceptionally long periods of time. Now enemy Summons who find themselves in the sights of a giant, undead Frost dragon will only tremble in fear instead of being frozen by it.
- Level 1
- Soul Shield (Passive)
- Soul Shield will now dynamically update if Diablo gains Souls while the Spell Armor is active
- Soul Shield (Passive)
- The following new bundles are only available for a limited time!
- Imperius Heroic Bundle
- Angiris Council Bundle
- Imperius Announcer
- Johanna Announcer
- Ilarian Announcer
- Crystalline Saddled Battle Beast
- Vindicator Imperius
- Indomitable Imperius
- Demonic Imperius
- Abyssal Demonic Imperius
- Vile Demonic Imperius
New Portraits, Sprays, and Emojis
- Several new emoji packs and portraits have also been added to the game.
- Fixed a number of tooltip issues and inaccuracies across the game.
- Fixed an issue causing Battleground names to be difficult to read on the Hero Select screen of Custom Games.
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Brightwing: Fixed an issue preventing the Unstable Anomaly talent from increasing Polymorph's slow.
- Malthael: Fixed an issue that caused some of Malthael's spell effects to become visible in the fog of war.
- Zul'jin: Fixed an issue that could cause the No Mercy! Talent to reduce damage dealt by Grievous Throw.