- Brightwing: Can now correctly cast Blink Heal on Turrets and Biotic Emitters that were placed by Brightwing herself.
- Structures: Fixed an issue in which certain Abilities could be used to move Structures.
- Volskaya Foundry: Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes who were piloting a Triglav Protector to become unresponsive after the Protector is destroyed by a Damage over Time effect.
- Mercenaries: Fixed an issue in which neutral Mercenaries could spawn twice at their Mercenary Camp under specific circumstances.
- Mercenary Pickups
- Healing Pulse now acts as a totem, healing all Heroes in the area after being placed.
- Turrets can now be placed instantly.
- Triglav Protector
- The Protector will gain 10 Armor and 25% increased damage if both the Pilot and Gunner seats are occupied
- Base Health has been increased from 9500 to 10450
- Health Scaling has been increased by 10%
- Pilot: Rocket Fist (W)
- Duration of structure debuff effect has been increased from 2 to 4 seconds
- Gunner: Gatling Cannon (W)
- Gatling Cannon will now fire immediately, instead of after a short delay
- Gatling Cannon rounds will now travel 50% faster
- Volskaya Foundry: Fixed an issue that allowed Junkrat to permanently displace and leash Fortification Camps.
- Total Health regen over 5 seconds reduced from 11.7% Maximum Health to 9%
- Total Mana regen over 5 seconds reduced from 7.8% Maximum Mana to 7%
- Gate Tower Damage to Minions, Mercenaries, Monsters, and Heroes increased by 33%.
- Fort Damage to Minions, Mercenaries, Monsters, and Heroes increased by 33%
- Gate Tower Damage to Minions, Mercenaries, Monsters, and Heroes increased by 33%
- Keep Damage to Minions, Mercenaries, Monsters, and Heroes increased by 33%
- Keep Health increased from 16,000 to 17,000
Developer Comment: As expected, our gameplay update for 2018 resulted in large changes to many of our game systems. While we’re overall happy with the direction of the update, there have been some unintended side effects that we’re hoping to remedy. We overestimated how much more powerful unlimited ammo would be for Structures, and as a result pushing mechanics have become too strong, resulting in lower game times on nearly all maps. We’re giving our towers some of their teeth back with this update, which should help teams hold pushes from Mercenary Camps and map events. We’re also making some tuning changes to some of our Mercenary Camps now that we have had some time to see how they have been performing. Hellbats and Knights in particular are pushing harder than we would like, so we’re reducing their power. We’re also taking a look at the Warhead Junction boss and reducing its early and mid-game pushing power, as right now it is too strong when combined with Nukes from the map event. Lastly, we are reducing the power of Regeneration Globes. While we like the new mini-game that Neutral Regen globes provide in the laning phase, we are not comfortable with how much they are currently benefitting the team that is ahead while they are pushing into a defending team. We’re also seeing players picking up more Regeneration Globes in general, so this will help to keep the game’s overall sustain in check. These are some hefty changes, and it’s likely that there will be more needed to be done over time as things continue to settle. We’ll be keeping an eye on things, and are prepared to make more updates as they’re needed.
- The Butcher: Fixed an issue preventing The Butcher from using consumable items such as Healing Pulse or Turrets on Volskaya Foundry.
- The following Battleground objective timers are unchanged:
- Volskaya Foundry
- Regeneration Globes will now become neutral (claimable by both teams) if not claimed within 3 seconds.
- All attacking structures no longer have ammunition.
Walls will now be destroyed if their connected Towers and Gate are also destroyed. Walls can still be attacked normally.
- After reviewing community feedback, we’ve decided to revert this change. Destroying the Gate and Towers will no longer automatically destroy connected Walls.
- Tower vision range has been increased by 25%
- Tower damage to minions has been reduced by 25%
- Structures now have a warmup period of .5 seconds before firing and must face their targets completely
- Structure attack warning responsiveness has been significantly improved
- Standalone Towers (found next to Forts and Keeps) have been removed.
- The Health, granted Experience, and Damage of Standalone Towers has been redistributed into their surrounding gate Towers, Forts, and Keeps.
- Forts and Keeps now have True Sight, meaning they will reveal and attack Stealthed Heroes.
- True Sight is disabled while the Structure is disabled by effects such as the Raven Lord’s Curse or Sylvanas’ Black Arrow Trait.
- Minion base damage has been increased by roughly 10%
- Minion base health has been increased by roughly 10% Undocumented
- The 5 second delay before Minions spawn after the game begins has been removed.
- Respawn Timers
- Mercenary Camps will now spawn 60 seconds after the game begins
- Murky: Spawn Egg with the Egg Hunt Talent can now be cast correctly on Volskaya Foundry’s conveyor belts.
- Structures: Auriel's Blinding Flash and Artanis' Suppression Pulse can no longer Blind Structures.
- Volskaya Foundry: Fixed an issue in which Heroes on the outer edge of the Hall of Storms would not receive Healing or protection.
- Volskaya Foundry: Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose control of their Heroes after exiting a Triglav Protector.
- Melee Lane Units: Melee Minions, Mercenaries, and Braxis Holdout’s melee Zerg units will no longer ignore an enemy Ragnaros in Molten Core form.
- Volskaya Foundry: A Mercenary Camp’s respawn timer will no longer suddenly appear and begin counting down if that camp has only been partially cleared.
- Control Points
- Throughout the match a Control Point will activate at one of three locations, beginning in a neutral capture state.
- Once a player stands on the control point without any enemies, they gain control progress for their team at a steady rate.
- If an enemy enters the point, the point becomes contested and will not gain or lose control progress.
- When a team's control progress hits 100, they gain control of the point.
- As long as a team has control of the point, they gain victory progress at a steady rate.
- Victory progress does not decay for any reason.
- Overtime: When a point is at 99% victory progress about to tick over to 100%, it will stay at 99% and enter the overtime state if there are any enemy heroes on the point or the point just flipped from the enemy's control.
- When a team's victory progress hits 100%, they win the event. The control point deactivates and a two-person Triglav Protector spawns on the point for the winning team after a short delay.
- Triglav Protector
- Pilot Abilities
- Charge (Q)
- After .5 seconds, charge to the target unit's current location and deal damage in an area. Deals double damage to structures and minions. 8 second cooldown
- Rocket Fist (W)
- Launch a Rocket Fist that impacts the first Hero or Structure hit. Roots Heroes for 1 second. Disables Structures for 2 seconds. Destroys all minions in its path. 14 second cooldown.
- Shield Emitter (E)
- Grants 25 armor to vehicle and grants a Shield to all nearby allies equal to 25% of their maximum health. 16 second cooldown.
- Charge (Q)
- Gunner Abilities
- Particle Cannon (Q)
- Enables the Particle Cannon ability and increases its range over 3 seconds. Reactivate to launch an orb dealing damage in an area. 5 sec cooldown.
- Gatling Cannon (W)
- Fires a barrage of cannon fire at the location of your cursor for 4 seconds. 11 second cooldown.
- Scorching Laser (E)
- A laser quickly cuts a line across the terrain dealing light damage. A secondary explosion triggers 0.75 seconds later for heavy damage. 10 second cooldown.
- Particle Cannon (Q)
- Pilot Abilities
- Control Points
- Impaler and Trooper Camps (Siege Mercenaries found on Volskaya Foundry, Battlefield of Eternity, and Infernal Shrines)
- Early game health has been slightly decreased.
- Base damage and scaling values have been increased by roughly 50%
- Defender Mercenaries can no longer be affected by displacements effects.
Developer Comment: We’ve heard feedback on the lack of strength the Assault Trooper mercenaries possess. We hear and agree with this sentiment so we’ve increased their overall damage to make them more of a threat.
- Mercenary item drops no longer require a short channel time to be picked up.
Developer Comment: This change is aimed at making the flow of picking up items from mercenary camps smoother and more intuitive. We found the flow of defeating a mercenary camp, capturing it, then channeling on the dropped item was disruptive to what players are accustomed to with typical mercenary camps.
- Support Camps can no longer be captured with "Bribe" talents.
Developer Comment: Thanks for all of the early responses on Volskaya Foundry. We’re making this change in response to consistent community feedback.
- All vehicles, including the Dragon Knight, Garden Terror, and Triglav Protector are now Unstoppable.
Developer Comment: Prior to this patch, crowd control effects on vehicles were reduced by 50%. Initially, displacement effects affecting vehicles were not reduced at all. Over time, we’ve made the decision to make some abilities unable to target vehicles. As our hero roster grew, so did the amount of special rules associated with vehicle interactions. Instead of continuing to maintain a list of special interactions, we’ve opted to simplify the behavior and make vehicles Unstoppable. To compensate for the increased vehicle strength, we’ve also looked at each vehicle’s balance numbers.