- Color Blind Mode: Fixed an issue causing Minimap icons for uncaptured Merc Camp to appear very similar in color to Merc Camps that have been captured by allies.
- Alarak: Telekinesis will now correctly interrupt a Hero who is channeling to launch a Nuke on Warhead Junction.
- Gazlowe: Gazlowe’s Nuke Ability icon on Warhead Junction will no longer be visually replaced with a lock icon after casting Rock-It! Turret while carrying a warhead.
- Structures: Fixed an issue in which the Core could continue to reveal enemy Stealth Heroes in a small radius outside its intended reveal range.
Design & Gameplay
Armor & Vulnerability
Developer Comments: With today’s patch you will notice that a lot of our tooltips that used to reference the Resistant/Vulnerable system have been changed. Matthew Cooper detailed the changes on our forums last month explaining a bit about the new system. While the tooltips may have changed, the actual functionality for the system has been in since the Varian patch hit during the week of November 14, so the game itself should not feel any different than what you are currently used to. You will also notice that we have added baseline Armor to three Heroes – Arthas, Anub'arak, and Greymane’s Worgen Form. These are the first of a handful that we are planning to release and would love to hear any feedback you have. We are hoping that the Armor System will open up future design flexibility, increase the depth of strategy (both in game, and in draft), and grant us another knob to help balance the game.
- Minimap: Catapult Minimap icons are now slightly lighter in color to help players more easily differentiate them from other Minions.
- Base damage reduced from 2750 to 2300.
- Warhead damage now scales by a flat 70 every minute, and no longer has a large jump at 18 minutes.
- Inner Warhead damage is still a 50% bonus.
- Deal 70% more damage in the center (50% more damage to Heroes)
Developer Comments: We didn’t like the gameplay of holding off on using a Warhead for a sudden unintuitive damage spike, so we’ve smoothed out their damage curve over a longer period. This should end up playing mostly the same across the game, with only about 10% differences in damage at various points in the match.
- Medivh: Fixed an issue that could enable Medivh to cast Abilities while in Raven Form on Warhead Junction.
- Minions: Catapult Minimap icons will now appear team-colored.
- Samuro: Mirror Images can no longer launch Nukes on Warhead Junction after learning Illusion Master.
- Braxis Holdout/Warhead Junction: XP earned by capturing Mercenary Camps will now properly scale throughout the match.
- Medivh: Fixed an issue which could allow Medivh to path into the terrain after launching a Nuke on Warhead Junction while in Raven form.
- Reduced Nuke inner damage bonus from 100 to 50%
- Time at which Nukes upgrade their damage changed from 14 to 18 minutes
Developer Comments: This is a temporary solution to prevent the Nuke Core rushes at the 14-minute mark. In a coming patch, we’ll likely be making further changes that makes Nukes gradually scale over time, so that they mirror the Core’s scaling over time.
Once a testing facility for nuclear weapons, Warhead Junction has since fallen into ruin. However, the site's abandonment hasn't stopped its glitchy adjutant from continuing to produce and hand out nuclear weapons. Join the arms race of Warhead Junction, build up your stockpile, and rain hell on your enemies!
- Warhead Deployment
- Multiple Warheads will spawn periodically across the battleground.
- Collect Warheads
- Pick up a Warhead to activate your Nuke. Use it or you will drop it when you die!
- Call Down the Thunder
- Launch Nukes to devastate the enemy team's fortifications.